This holiday season, a lot of people intend to travel to celebrate Christmas, New Year's, or other special occasions.
With the ongoing COVID–19 cases and more transmissible variants such as Omicron, XBB, and XBC, it is important to remain attentive to signs and symptoms of the virus. Get vaccinated as soon as possible and follow health protocols to help prevent the rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Considering these safety measures are important especially when travelling which increases the possibility of getting infected because of too much exposure in different countries which may have different and more serious COVID-19 variants. Despite being tested negative for COVID-19 before travelling, one can still be infected, so stay alert and safe at all times.
When travelling for the holidays, protect yourself and those around you from COVID-19 by following these preventive measures:
- Plan your itinerary. Get and update your vaccination as soon as possible
- Keep at least 1 metre away from other travelers when possible
- Wear a mask that covers your nose, mouth and chin completely
- Always keep your hands clean with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- When possible, leave windows open especially in closed areas such as hotel, car, or bus to increase fresh air ventilation
- When symptoms persist, do not travel and quarantine immediately.